2. The first team to play is chosen by tossing a coin. Any
player in this team chooses the starting place and draws a
circle on the ground in which to stand. The circle should be
between 35cm and 50cm across.
3. The same player now throws the jack between 6m and
10m away and not nearer than 1m from any obstacle (wall,
tree etc). Both of the thrower’s feet must remain on the
ground and inside the circle until the jack has reached
4. Any player from this team then throws the first boule
trying to place it as near as possible to the jack. The
thrower’s feet must again remain on the ground within the
circle until the boule has landed.
5. A player in the second team comes into the circle and
tries to throw his/her boule even nearer to the jack or
knock away the leading boule placed there by their
opponents. The boule nearest to the jack leads.
6. The it is up to a player in the team not leading to throw
until his/her team gets a leading boule. If this happens,
then a player from the opposing team takes his/her turn to
throw. When a team has no more boules, the players of
the other team throw their remaining boules and try to
place them as close as possible to the jack.
7. When the two teams have no more boules, the points
are counted. The winning team gets as many points as it
has boules closer to the jack than the nearest of their
opponents. In the example the team with the white boules
will have scored three points.
8. An end is over when both teams have thrown all their
boules. A new end is started by a player of the team
which won the previous end, who throws the jack from the
point where the previous end finished. A new circle is
drawn and the game proceeds as before. The game
finishes when one team reaches 13 points.
1. The game is played by two teams of one, two or three
players. There must not be more than 12 boules on the
ground. In teams of one and two, each player has three
boules, in teams of three each player has two boules.